Radiesse is a filler that can be used on the face, neck, elbows, knees and hands. It’s the first and only calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) injectable treatment in the US, which provides immediate natural results. It works by stimulating your body’s natural collagen and elastin to fill in fine lines and wrinkles. Collagen and elastin are what contribute to your skin’s strength and elasticity, but as we age, our body has a harder time producing them.
How Does Restylane Work?
As we age, the naturally occurring hyaluronic acid in our skin begins to fade. This causes the skin to lose volume and fullness. Restylane dermal fillers use their patented formulations of hyaluronic acid to restore volume to the face and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Which Restylane Filler is Right For You?
Both are popular dermal fillers. Radiesse can’t be dissolved or reversed like Juvederm, a hyaluronic acid-based filler, but it can last longer. Radiesse is also able to treat more severe wrinkles compared to other facial fillers, while Juvederm is best for addressing finer lines.
One is not better than the other, and Dr. Ben-Kane will help you decide which is best based on your needs. Make a reservation today for a treatment plan customized to you.
This is a great Restylane originally designed for lips. It is low viscosity and very pliable, making it a good choice for lip filler.
This filler has a lot of structure to its textures. It is not very pliable, so most injectors will use it on bones.
This filler has medium viscosity. It can be used to fill the cheeks and it can also be used on the jaw line.
This hyaluronic acid is not very pliable. Just like its counterpart Restylane Lyft, I prefer to use this filler on bones or on deep tissue.
This is a great hyaluronic acid for the lip, lip lines, and under eyes. It is very fluid and pliable, so it looks very natural and will not form bumps when used properly.
I love to use this Restylane on lips. Just like Silk and Kysse, it is very pliable. It flows with the tissues and blends in well for a natural appearance.
How Long Does Restylane Last?
Results will vary depending on the product, each person, and the amount of product used, but here are some general ideas of duration, based on clinical studies:
- Restylane Contour: Results from treatment of the cheeks with Restylane Contour have been shown to last up to 18 months.
- Restylane Kysse: Results from treatment with Restylane Kysse in the lips have been shown to last for up to 1 year.
- Restylane Defyne: Results from treatment with Restylane Defyne have been shown to last up to 1 year for facial wrinkles and folds, like nasolabial folds and marionette lines, as well as the chin.
- Restylane Lyft: Results have been shown to last up to 1 year with Restylane Lyft in the cheeks; up to 6 months in facial wrinkles and folds, like nasolabial folds; and up to 6 months in the hands.
- Restylane Refyne: Results from treatment with Restylane Refyne have been shown to last up to 1 year for facial wrinkles and folds, like nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
- Restylane Silk: Results from treatment with Restylane Silk have been shown to last up to 6 months for lips and perioral rhytids (wrinkles around the mouth).
Schedule a Restylane Treatment at Voyage Med Spa in St. Petersburg Today
At Voyage MedSpa the expert medical staff are skilled in the art of aesthetic medicine. Your health is important to our providers. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ben-Kane.